Dear Vajra Family,
The Light of the Sun: Teachings on Longchenpa’s Precious Mala of the Four Dharmas, a new book of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, is now available:
One thousand years ago, Gampopa, the illustrious heart son of Tibet’s great yogin Milarepa, essentialized the entire Buddhist path in a concise set of pith instructions that became known as the Four Dharmas of Gampopa. Since that time, this profound teaching has been used by many eminent masters as a vehicle for imparting the key points of Buddhist practice, including, in the fourteenth century, the incomparable Longchenpa, whose brilliant exposition of the Four Dharmas illuminates the culmination of the path from a Dzogchen perspective. The Light of the Sun presents a new translation of Longchenpa’s Precious Mala of the Four Dharmas, alongside the original Tibetan text, with the lucid, accessible, and relevant commentary of contemporary Dzogchen master Chögyal Namkhai Norbu.
Also as as an ebook from the webshop of Shang Shung Publications:
It’s available in two formats:
* ePub, for most modern e-ink readers as well as the iPad (via iBooks) and Adroid devices,
* Mobi, for the Kindle platform (including the Mac and PC)
If you’re not sure which version to choose, this information should help you:
* If you own a Kindle, use the Mobi version.
* If you own an e-ink reader other than the Kindle (such as Onyx, Sony PSR, Nook, Kobo…), use the ePub version.
* If you own a PC, download the Kindle for the PC (http://www.amazon.com/gp/
* If you own a Mac, download the Kindle for the Mac (http://www.amazon.com/gp/
* If you own an iPad, either use the ePub version (it will open in iBooks) or install the Kindle app and use the Mobi version
* If you own an Android device, either install the Kindle app and use the Mobi version, or use the ePub version with one of e-book reading apps, such as Google Play Books or Moon+ Reader.
Shang Shung Publications